Russian Biathlon Union is an
RBU Statute was adopted on February, 26th 1992 by the Constituent conference and amendments were decided on April, 24th 2009.
The Objectives of the RBU are:
- to contribute to the implementation of the right to practice sports aimed at the unity of physical and spiritual education as a way to healthy lifestyle
- to constantly improve the sport of biathlon in the Russian Federation, to draw more attention to the role of sports and biathlon in particular in a comprehensive and balanced development of personality, and promote biathlon globally
- to consolidate the unity of the sport movement and the implementation of international cooperation in the sphere of biathlon
- to take special measures for improving athletes’ skills and reaching results in the elite sport and also for training younger athletes to backup the main teams
- to improve conditions for biathlon development in the Russian Federation
The Tasks of the RBU are:
- to improve the training system, to provide successful performance of the National teams at the Olympic Winter Games, World Cups and World Championships, international and national competitions
- to improve the contacts with the IBU and National Federations of other countries
- to implement scientific methods aimed at the development of biathlon in the Russian Federation
- to uphold the rights of athletes, coaches, referees and RBU officials, and masters of biathlon
- to fight the use of doping and any methods or practices that might jeopardize athletes’ health in- and out-of-competition.
At present the RBU is composed of 49 regional representatives located in 8 federal districts.
RBU President is Aleksander Kravtsov
Address: 8, Luzhnetskaya naberezhnaya, Moscow, 119991, RUSSIA
Telephone: +7 495 725–46–75